We accept work from all students at UMass Amherst, regardless of year or major. Submissions are open for the first few weeks of each semester. For exact dates, check out our Instagram @thescribeumass.
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your name, graduation year, and the title of your submission(s) in your email
- Do not attach your name directly to your submission(s), since they are reviewed anonymously
- Unless it contributes to the meaning of the piece, please use Times New Roman font for written work
- Writing is preferred as a Word or Google doc. Art is preferred in JPEG form.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished
- Limit 2500 words
- Limit 1500 words
What Can I Submit?
We accept all forms of creativity, including but not limited to:
- Traditional art
- Short stories
- And more!
We publish twice a year: typically a paper edition in the fall and an online edition in the spring. Some forms of media may be restricted to online publication due to their format. There are no limits on the number of submissions per person. Feel free to send any questions to the email listed above.